KnoxZine
KnoxZine

Members of the Crossville Cruisers car club were on hand to help with a new film for Cumberland Mountain State Park. The club includes vehicles from the 1920s all the way to the present. Among these automotive jewels was Billy Frazier’s 1940 Ford Standard with only 23,558 original miles on it!

For real!

For real!

Mr. Frazier tells us the Crossville Cruisers usually meet on Thursdays at the Crossville Dairy Queen. The film they helped make is part of the park’s new history exhibit in a former changing house built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the late 1930’s.

CMSP exhibit

Ward Weems (left) and Jeff Wells (right) of Tennessee State Park's Interpretive and Education Section assemble a display for Cumberland Mountain State Park's new exhibit.

Ward Weems (left) and Jeff Wells (right) of Tennessee State Park’s Interpretive and Education Section assemble a display for Cumberland Mountain State Park’s new exhibit.

 

The Crossville Cruisers cross Byrd Creek Dam, the largest masonry structure ever built by the Civilian Conservation Corps.

The Crossville Cruisers cross Byrd Creek Dam, the largest masonry structure ever built by the Civilian Conservation Corps.

 

 

Comments are closed.